Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday, my beloved day never fails to excite me. I actually look forward to getting to work (esp. on Fridays) raring it to end  and start my journey for home where I will see my littlle tiger who gives me such joy just watching him  go about his life in play. My husband who is also "so nice to come home to" [Kenny Rankine's song] usually likes to  end the week  with a goblet or two of wine, so I thought I should get him  a bottle of red we can share  tonight. I know of an Italian deli in the neighborhood of one of the schools I work in which  holds good Italian wine. While I was thinking about it I decided to get the bottle, lest the day ends without me getting it. I went in the deli and was greeted by an Italian guy inhis 50's (I guess). He looked quite serious and business-like so I thought I'd  shake him up a bit with my order. I asked for a toasted bagel with creamcheese. He asked if I needed anything else (I could almost  read his mind, expecting me to order coffee) so I said, "Oh, for my drink, I'll have that bottle of red wine (standing on the  shelf)." I watched his face closely and saw that he was  shocked but he restrained himself graciously giving me now  a curious look as he tried to figure out my person. So I added, "Yup this wine looks good---this must go good with my bagel, don't you think?"  The man said, "Oh yah, oh yah!" He was perplexed, curious, and amused all rolled into one as-if-not-affected expression. I burst out laughing telling him I was just teasing, and that I was  going to give the  bottle to my husband.  He smiled with a "Phew!" face. I hope that  brought a little sunshine to his day.
Coming home, I whipped a simple but tasty dinner called  Bistek  [in Spanish, it is Bistec Encebollado, in  English, Beef Steak with Caramelized Onions]

After dinner, I played with  SpideyBat-MAN. (He did not last long with the mask I made. The rubber bands were torturing his ears...)

No comments: