Sunday, November 20, 2011

Another blissful-restful weekend I am spending. I love to spend time at home and be just  cozy and warm with a plethora of things I like to do. So while I do my laundry or  turn the  dishwasher on, I can do something else that I  enjoy. To be  productive with my  hands gives me joy no end. It seems that every weekend I feel a need to create or do something that gives me satisfaction whether it be food or a project. I made  a simple dessert from  sticky rice flour  and tapioca cooked in coconut milk and brown sugar. Steve loves it---that surely doubles my satisfaction of having made it.
        

                           

This morning I  stopped by the farmer's market and got me (this time) a purple cauliflower, two butternut squash, a bundle of kale (my new favorite greens) and a bunch of cilantro (my all-time favorite herb aside from  basil).
As usual, the beauty of the cauliflower (with its intense purple) holds me from cooking it too soon. (I'll probably start eating it as a crudite  slathered with some  onion dip---then cook the rest in curry and achar masala). Meanwhile, like its beauteous cousin (the purple broccoli), I let it sit on a goblet to grace my  wee dining table  and give my eyes to feast on for a day or two.
Here she is...my artsy craft for the  day:





                      

I do not have fish in my fridge right now but I guess I will be eating one very soon (one of these days) as I made my favorite condiment to eat with one whole fried fish---head, eyes and all.  I will always have time to make cilantro hot sauce.
                                      cilantro hot sauce

Last Friday, I contacted someone in  New York City who  teaches tatting at her home. I got really excited with the prospect of learning the craft. I wish I checked out youtube first before I emailed this tatting lady who graciously emailed me back with information regarding the lessons. In the afternoon today, while my favorite guys went to the library, I spent time learning the art of tatting. I've seen someone in my past make  lace (as a requirement for an home-economics project) but I have never tried it myself. I ordered a  book to have something on print and also watched tutorials on youtube. I just do not have the shuttles to start yet so by the time the sun set, my hands were itching to create something again and there  by my side table I saw my crochet needle and thread and started making some  snowflakes. (How apropo---winter is coming isn't it? Although I must admit, I already have a  gazillion snowflakes I crocheted a few years back for my Christmas tree) I find crocheting more snowflakes (still) fun.
 
                                            snowflakes pictures here

No comments: