Monday, April 30, 2012

Binayabasang Hipon & Kimchi Soup

Sunday
My stroll down memory lane continues. This morning my kitchen reeked of syrupy,very ripe guava smell. I was again transported to my childhood reminiscing good times. My three dollars went a long way for sure. Then I remembered a dish that I have not eaten since leaving the Philippines---binayabasang hipon (shrimp in guava soup. Fortunately, I had a bag of frozen shrimp sans the heads...aaaw...in the freezer.)

shrimp with glassnoodles in guava soup

I crushed some guava halves to make the soup a little creamy


I made Steve his (familiar) kimchi soup  with flat noodles
I guess guava is too foreign....let alone that's it's made into soup!



 soo spicy kimchi soup



2 comments:

jollymonsails said...

Guava, Shrimp, Kimchi, Cellophane noodles, in a soup?!?
Would you please marry me??!?!?
Those are my favourite things!

GroovyDulcet said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! It's cheaper to learn to make it yourself, than marrying someone who can make it for you. What do you think, jollymonsails?