Thursday, March 03, 2011

Parisienne MacarOns
I finally gathered the courage to make  my own Parisienne macarons and the above-picture is the result. Not bad, really. The shells have smooth and crackly surfaces, chewy inside and the feet came out!  I am quite happy with this considering that this is my first attempt. I used whole almonds that I had to blanch and peel---then grind (with the food processor). A lot of work. Next time I will get the slivered almonds to grind.
I would really love my macarons to have a rounder dome as they look cuter that way, but I have to learn not to mix and fold more that it's needed. The mixture spread and thus the shells are flat.


One thing I realized fast is that after piping the shells in the pan, they really need to rest at least for an hour as this will make the feet. It's really fun to watch the macarons grow feet. I had them in the oven from 10 to 12 minutes at 300 degrees Farenheit.

One thing about my macarons, they taste really delcious no matter how they look. Just ask my little squirt---he loves them!

No comments: