Friday, May 27, 2011

I always have two trays of eggs (18 in each tray) because of all pastries in the world, I love those that are made of eggs. For my dinner postres, I love a taste of leche flan or macaron or brazo de mercedes. They end meals just right---nothing fancy but oh ooo satisfying.


Leche Flan

    Not broken hearted--just playing...



    More meringue-ish than macaron-ish

    But tastes just as good

Really good with chamomile tea

Yesterday I stayed home with my darlingest because he was not feeling well. It was such a nice day though, so Zach and I decided to take a walk on the  beach and catch some vitamin D. We watched the lifeguards put up their gigantic orange  chairs. We forgot to bring our stale bread for the seagulls---just as well, looks like the birds are done with breakfast they were nowhere to be found.

 By the way, Zach decided he was Spiderman that day so off I went to the beach WITH Spiderman who was a little under the weather BUT...when you're  Spiderman---
      You gottta do what you gotta do!




 I found a spot and leaned myself against this flimsy fence---closed my eyes and enjoyed the morning sun while Zach at this point sat down and started playing with sand.  When we started for home , my foodie heart started thinking of Brazo de Mercedes. I put Zach to nap and worked on this favorite (again, eggs!) dessert of my childhood.


While we called  these Brazo de Mercedes (Mercedes' Arm), in Spain they call it Brazo de Gitano (Gypsy's Arm)

     Hmmm....I ate a piece and walked nostalgic down memory lane.



No comments: