Friday, September 14, 2012

After reading bedtime stories (yes stories...one book of Zach's choice, three stories from the Bible and  a page from his devotional book, and sometimes a bonus story from the Bible that he must read aloud himself) and a prayer, Steve called me to take my turn shift putting Zachary to sleep. Steve mentioned that he will wait for me at the back. When I finally heard heavy breathing, I snuck out of the room, not necessarily quietly and went out back. (Zach sleeps like a log)

Steve out back is happily esconced with the capiz lights on low contemplating the night, and I guess the occasional stupid  roar of the behemoth AC on top of the neighboring restaurant. Here he is in his solitude waiting for me.



I promptly joined him but not without stopping by the kitchen and getting myself a half slice of a papaya. Hmmm...really sweet and juicy.

---in the Philippines, papayas are a regular part of the priests and soon to be priests' diet in seminaries because it is said to help control the libido.  I wonder how effective it is.

No comments: