Tuesday, May 15, 2012

We arrived in the Poconos where we spent Mother's Day weekend and found the lawn overgrown with dandelion flowers and puffs. Steve could not wait to get his hands on the lawnmower to cut these weeds. So I started harvesting the flowers and leaves before Steve mows the lawn. I find dandelions beautiful in their simplicity. Bundled together, they are a burst of sunshine on my table. Dandelion flowers are made into wine. I have yet to taste dandelion wine.

Saving these beauties from the lawnmower.

I randomly stick them in the vase and let them  stand as carefree-ly as they grow.

Zachary loves dandelions for the puffs he blows away

more  flowers coming up

I took  dandelion leaves to saute with garlic and onions

I saved this little bunch too before the mower gets it
burst of sunshine on my table

the bunch fits the shot glass well

baby dandelion leaves join the salad ingredients

watermelon ---one of my summer joys

No comments: