Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Blue Serendipity


Over the weekend, as I was inspecting a rosebush next to this evergreen, a bird flew right in my face. It happened again the next day, which made me wonder where it was coming from. It did not take long for me to realize that the bird has made a home in the evergreen. 



 I took  a peep  and there I saw a nest


Two small blue eggs 


I called Zachary to see this blue serendipity.
The next day, Zachary went to check on the eggs and found a third one.





So precious. 

I googled and  decided these eggs are the robin's and that they lay one egg each day and that the eggs will hatch in 12 to 16 days.


Will there be a fourth one when we leave?

we decided to leave the nest alone so as not to affect the eggs' development ---mama bird doesn't want to be visited. She gets frightened and she flies off.


No comments: