Sunday, July 29, 2012

Of Shawlettes and Hand Towels



She loves to knit and make things with her hands. She makes hats for big and little heads, socks and slippers for cold feet,and  shawls and shawlettes for sisters and friends. Down below is what my sister Jenny gave me. A beautiful shawlette that I cannot wait to use. The color is autumn and the design is simply intricate. She actually has a pile of them already made waiting to be wrapped and gifted for Christmas time. Pray you're one of the lucky ones to receive her shawl. And oh, she uses NO cheap material for these.


Isn't this shawlette soooo beautiful?



When she gets tired of  knitting intricately designed shawls and shawlettes, she takes a break from them and she knits these beautiful hand towels using different designs. Again she asked me to take some, and I picked two. She said to pick more and so I got five. 
They are so beautiful, I don't think I can bear to use these.









Now down below is a stepping stone in my garden, which Jenny also made years back. She has a bunch in her own garden with different flowers on them. I remember when the both of us used to live in New Jersey and she first got into making these garden stepping stones, I could hear the whizzing of the machine at 5:00 in the morning!

 Look! she's started a new blue shawlette. That is mine too. It is my order and I insist on paying for it. The material is silky and expensive and the design I chose is delicate. Can't wait to have it.
You will NEVER find her hands idle....Jenny is always making beautiful things!!!
THANKS JENNY!!!!!

3 comments:

Ate jen said...

You know what they say... Idle hands is the d_v_l's workshop.And knitting relaxes me.

MoGo said...

How lucky you are to have an Ate like her....

GroovyDulcet said...

@ Mogo
You are right Mon, I am always a recipient of her handiwork.

@Ate Jen
....idle hands? Idle minds...o siger pareho na rin!!! Ha! Ha! Ha"