Friday, July 27, 2012

So I went to the beach this afternoon primarily to catch a beautiful sunset. Steve and Zach have gone ahead of me since I was busy folding laundry when they were ready to go. Truth is, I needed a 30-minute Me time so, I made myself pre-occupied. ;-)


On my way along the dunes, my unsuspecting eyes rested upon milkweed pods. I got excited and started taking pictures of my future green entree. Shoot! I did not bring a bag---how will I carry my loot back with all the sticky sap that seeps out of its stem?   Love finds a way, you know.

Some mature  milkweed pods that must be  boiled and eaten dipped in  vinegar and  anchovy sauce.   

And young pods to be married with butter and  garlic and a dash each  of salt and pepper

Then I saw some rosehips  that I have been wanting for the longest time to make. Hello rosehip jelly!!!!

I  noticed the sea rockets have  seeded. Can the leaves still qualify to make a crunchy salad? Hmmm...

Then I spotted where the two set camp. Seeing Zachary's wet hair, I knew they already frolicked in the water.

I posed for a remembrance picture (of my forty-some years) ;-)

Here's my loot from nature's bounty. Yes, I left a lot more in there so as the butterflies do not get shortchanged.



I found some other clusters of searockets and I could not  keep myself from picking a little bunch  to go with my salad tomorrow.


Oh, and the sunset I wanted to catch was not much at all. The sun actually hid behind the clouds and that was that!


No comments: