Sunday, October 03, 2010

Ninth Year Anniversary
My husband and I plus our little tiger celebrated our ninth year anniversary in France the summer 2010. We rented a car and covered  some provencal areas like Marseille, Apt, Focalquier, then some areas along the French Riviera like Roquebrune-Cap Martin, Montecarlo Monaco, St Maxime, St, Tropez and lastly Paris then back to Provence----all in two weeks which was not long enough.  On our anniversary day, we decided to celebrate with a lunch dinner to make sure our little one is up and about with enough energy and happy mood for us to enjoy a relaxing family meal. However I thought, why not do a pre-celebration that is homey, quiet and simple before lunch?  Afterall, there is still a breakfast time we have to reckon with. Fortunately, our hotel has a partial kitchen enough for me to whip up a hearty breakfast that will start our  beautiful day right. Thinking what to do, I took inspiration from this tomato that I bought the day before just because I was enchanted by its beauty.


And just like any gorgeous fruit that I am about to consume, I honor it with a portarit to immortalize and remember its beauty by.
So it ended on our breakfast plates along with fluffy scrambled eggs laced with smoked salmon, green and nicoise olives, a small round of cheese accompanied by ciabatta bread and a slice of cantaloupe.


For our drink, we had ice-cold coffee which the day before was our coffee granita. It complemented our savory breakfast which was quite hearty and healthful. My best memory  about this breakfast anniversary meal was that we ate it on our hotel's rooftop (which we had to ourselves) overlooking the Meditteranean.
What a blessed day!



No comments: