Friday, October 01, 2010

Isn't she a beauty? I just had to feast my eyes on her awesome orangeness and repeatedly sniff  her citrusy scent . I marvelled at the touch and sight of her I thought  this beauty warrants a pictture.  My inner shutterbug got the better of me and did three -leveled shots. After I have immortalized her beauty, I feasted on Ms. Grapefruit and relished every juicy bite that bespoke of  a summer having more of them. I was in grapefruit heaven. Upon finishing my last bite, I stared at my pile of  peels and thought, "How can I throw this away (I was simply enamored with her color)."  The next thing I knew, I started scraping her pith and slicing the peels in slender strips. Grabbed a pan and boiled water to cook the peels in. Added sugar and  voila!

                                         Candied Grapefruit Peel

Months after, I came across the pictures of the  grapefruit that gave me  such delight, I thought to enjoy her beauty once more and everyday.



ADDENDUM:
I planted two of its seeds and now have this grapefruit  plant growing. Unfortunately I am in the East Coast and  I can't bear to leave it out in the cold so I put it in my kitchen table and hope that it will make do with the warmth in our house and the little light it gets  through the skylight.

1 comment:

GroovyDulcet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.